He never ceases to amaze me. Parker is my 22 month old son. He hardly says anything, that has some people worried. The doctor suggested some early intervention, and now we have speech therapist at our house twice a month. Which is great. What they don’t understand is how freaking smart, and stubborn, he really is!
Why do I think he is so amazingly smart? For many reasons! The way he knows his way around my iPhone 4. It is amazing. He can turn it on. Unlock it. Find the folder which the game he likes to play is in. Open the game. Waits patiently through the title screens. Then proceeds to hit the play button, pick a level, and beat them because he knows what he is supposed to do! I have not heard, or read about anyone else doing this at this age.
Also, his mother and I always catch him talking and doing stuff in his room. Things we always try to get him to do. He knows we want him to do these things, and that is why he will not do it when he knows we are watching! When he was much younger we tried to teach him to say "hello" and pretend he was talking on his toy phone. We were unsuccessful for weeks. Until, we caught him doing it in his room. He thought he was alone! If you only knew how happy that made me to catch him doing it! Also frustrated that he doesn't want me to see!
He may not talk much, while we are watching (which I am sure he will come around), but he can work a device I know plenty of adults can not! There is also no telling what we will catch him doing next! Parker is the best thing in my life and always will be! I am very excited to watch his development throughout the years!
I will talk about Parker a lot on my blog. Check back for more on him soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment